Pizza ranks high among the beloved foods of many. Making it from scratch elevates the experience. The secret? Preparing the base at home and baking at just the right temperature. Furthermore, picking the right ingredients enhances this dish.
Ingredients for 2 Servings
For our homemade pizza, you’ll need:
- All-purpose flour: 2 cups
- Tomato ketchup: 100 ml
- Fresh vegetables: 1 tomato, 2 onions, 4 mushrooms, and 1/2 a capsicum (green pepper)
- Seasonings: 1 teaspoon each of chili flakes, baking powder, sugar, and oregano
- Olive oil: 2 teaspoons of the virgin type
- Cheese: 100 gm processed and 1/2 cup mozzarella
- Dry yeast: 1 tablespoon
- Water, depending on the consistency
Steps to Prepare Pizza
1. Preparing the Dough
Start with the flour. Mix in salt and baking powder. Now, make a central well in your mixture and pour in the olive oil. In a different container, blend warm water, yeast, and sugar. Patiently wait for the yeast to rise – it’s worth it. Once risen, mix it with the flour. After kneading, give the dough some rest. A 4-6 hours break is ideal.
2. Making the Pizza Base
Here comes the oven role. First, get it warming to 180°C. Once the dough is ready, shape it. Aim for a circular form. A fork will be handy here. Gently prick the base. This ensures even baking. Next, let it bake for a short 10 minutes.
3. Preparing the Toppings
Vegetable prep is vital. Slice your capsicum, onions, tomatoes, and mushrooms thinly. It’s crucial to use less juicy tomatoes. Cheese fans, it’s your time. Grate both the processed and mozzarella varieties.
4. Assembling the Pizza
Begin with the baked base. Spread the tomato ketchup generously. Next, comes a delicious layer of processed cheese. Now, evenly spread out your sliced veggies. The finale? A rich layer of mozzarella cheese.
5. Baking the Pizza
Another round with the oven! Heat it to 250°C. Ensure it’s adequately preheated for about 5 minutes. Slide your assembled pizza in and let it bake for another 10 minutes. Once done, enhance its flavor with oregano and chili flakes sprinkled over.
- Always ensure your oven is preheated.
- For those with standard ovens, aim for 280°C.
- Using a store-purchased base? Let it warm to room temperature.
- For a genuine touch, stretch your dough instead of rolling.
- Craving a crisp base? Consider investing in a pizza stone.
- Ditching the ketchup? Fresh tomato puree serves as an excellent organic substitute.
So finally, homemade pizza is a joy. With the right ingredients and techniques, you’re on your way to a delightful treat. Enjoy your cooking journey!